9 out of 10 law firm websites are bad. They are bad because they focus on one thing: the lawyers – and maybe only half of those actually do a good job with it. The rest do nothing but present a list of services horribly. Worse, they also do nothing to move viewers to becoming customers.
It’s 2016, and today’s world holds this harsh truth: if your law firm website is not converting viewers into contacts and helping to build your sales funnel, then you may as well shut down your site.
Keys to Designing the Best Law Firm Websites
- Have a great bios. What do we mean by this? Photos, information, history and details. Customers want to see competence and experience, but also make sure you’re not a jerk. Lawyers tend to have a bad rap, so do your best to balance the fact that you are a real person, not a shark.
- Have a “Contact Us” form. Obviously you have this, but you probably have a bland form with no real indication of how your process works. You are too close to the industry to realize that some of your clients might not know how to begin working with you, or may not know when the right time to contact you might be. Which leads us to..
- “How to Work With Us” page. This is a page that explains the most important part of all: how your customer will interact and purchase your services. Leave the mystique alone. I’m sure in your schooling, your pride was pumped up so much that you think it’s an honor to work with your firm. We’ll, I’ve got some tough news… It’s not. Competition is growing, and you’re lucky to have the clients you do have. Show them how easy and safe it is to work with you.
- Offer something for free. This is hard sometimes, but the real idea here is this: “what content can we give away to entice someone in the early stages of shopping for an architect to move forward?” Could it be a divorce guide? how to avoid court? Find something you can put on your site as a free “guide”, and have it available for download in exchange for an email address. This way, you can build your email list and contact database very simply.
- Testimonials. It goes without saying, but having a strong presence of references in quotes or video testimonials could be a great way to establish trust in those final stages with a prospect.
You Can Have a Great Law Firm Website
You may not have all of the items you’ve seen listed here, but the great thing is that most of you are not too far off from having a great law firm website. Simply look to add on the offers and items listed here, and then you can dive into more aggressive online marketing to help grow your firm.
If you need help setting up a great law firm website, feel free to contact us. If you need help taking your marketing to the next level with inbound marketing for lead generation, we should talk very soon!