You can’t trust someone you barely know. Trust is something that has to be earned and delivered on time and time again. And the key to this is to do the right thing - every time. The right thing might not be easy, it might not be cheap, and it might not be in the contract, but it’s what is needed. It might be a hard conversation about a business model that doesn’t work, or realizing that we have to start over to get it right. We’ve got stories; some are too hard to tell, and some are the basis of 12-year client relationships. Yet in every case, doing the right thing is something we decide every morning at 9am when we open our doors. It continues all day, every day. It’s become part of who we are.
This is the true joy in life, the being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.
I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no “brief candle” for me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generations.
George Bernard Shaw
Welcome to Purpose-Driven Work
Are you looking for a career that can bring you a true sense of fulfillment? New North is a digital marketing agency that is focused on growing a strong culture of performance and fun in a fast-paced, high energy environment. We’re on a mission, and we’re looking for people who want something bigger than just a paycheck.
Our team members bring collective experiences that shape our working environment to suit our needs, while helping us get work done for our clients to the best of our ability. Each team member contributes to and is responsible for the health of our culture, and we all stand firm in our belief in working as a team.
We are a company grounded in the Christian values of honesty, integrity, kindness, and social responsibility. We strive to model “do unto others as you would have them do to you” in all we do. This is reflected in how we conduct our business and how we care for our employees and clients — our greatest assets.
- Mission-Driven Company
- Fun, Cool Work Environment
- Free Snacks, Coffee, High-Fives
- Flexible Working Hours
- Health Insurance
- Parking Assistance
- Paid Time Off, Sick Time, Maternity Leave
- Family Friendly Benefits
- Mission-Driven company
- Entrepreneurial / Start-Up Mindset
- Straight Talking
- Lots of Laughs
- Running Meetings
- Hard Working
- Family Friendly Benefits
What's It Like Here?
That’s the big question. That’s why we try to take time to share our culture and work space on social media - so you can get a good feel of what it's like to work here. Do we share the same passions, interests, and perspectives? We think it’s important that we do.
Our Core Values
Some companies have core values and mission statements that act more like wall decorations than calls to arms. At New North, we take our core values and mission seriously. Everyone knows them by heart, and you would too in the first week of working here. It’s our code of ethics, team playbook, and bar against which decisions are made.
Being alone is tough. Growing a business might mean long nights and sweat equity, but it should not mean that you have to go it alone. We know; we’ve been there. We’ve always thrived working with clients who have a passion that matches ours. It’s made our work less like work, and more like being there to see our clients’ dreams come to life. We’ve always promised to be there every step of the way, from dream to destination. That’s just how we do it. Email, texts, calls, whatever – we’re with you to make it happen.
We know a lot, but we don’t know it all - sorry. We’ve learned early on that working with our clients is a partnership. Our experience and our ongoing learning are all focused on bringing more to the table each time we work with a client. Every day, every meeting, every campaign, we strive to build on our momentum for success. Our clients are brilliant in their own right, and when we work with clients who know their stuff, the combination can set the world on fire. We strive to never get ahead of ourselves, knowing that there is something new to learn around every corner.
Honestly, there is nothing special to what we do. What makes us special are the people, vision and mission that are working at New North. We’ve taken our time to grow, adding people that match these core values and who are looking to make a difference in the world. They say that passion is an uncontrollable force, and that is what lives in the hearts of each person on our team. From day one in our collaborative space, passion is tested in the fire of working in an environment where ideas are shared, problems are discussed, and solutions are vetted. Come visit us and see what it’s like.
You hear athletes, coaches, and even other companies say things such as “Let’s give it 110 percent,” or “I’d give this a 10 out of 10!” While those are noble goals, they’re not very realistic. No one is perfect, and the odds of something being a “10 out of 10” every single time is hard to accomplish by anyone’s standards, whether they want to admit it or not. At New North, we produce work and relationships that embody the excellence to grow our clients and company. While most companies will try to make everything a “10,” more times than not, they’ll settle for a “7.” At New North, we strive to make everything we do a “9,” a realistic goal that’s solid every time.
At New North we are always looking to meet the best and brightest in the industry - those passionate about marketing and doing purpose-driven work. Take a look at our positions and apply to the one that fits your skills, experience, and passions.
Digital Account Executive
The Account Executive is an experienced, highly motivated and energetic team player with the ability to stimulate enthusiasm in others. This position requires an organized and detail-oriented individual that also possesses highly developed communication, presentation, relationship management skills.
Account Executives are responsible for managing expectations business-to-business communications programs as well as individual projects. A requisite skill is the effective and appropriate delegation of tasks and outcome management of others for the overall success of projects and programs. You will be the “glue” between the client and the agency’s internal team members.
— Essential Duties —
Client Relationships and Financial Success:
- Build strong working relationships; attending client events; developing personal resonance with clients; sharing our expertise being the voice of the agency with the client.
- Be the voice of the client in working effectively with internal teams and shaping the direction of outcomes.
- Work with, present and “sell” to a wide range of people at client companies.
- Be the primary point of contact on all client communications including email, meetings, events and others.
- Maintain the profitable short and long-term growth of existing accounts; contribute to the acquisition of new accounts.
- Attend industry events on the agency’s behalf, networking
- Responsible for researching, planning, proposing and managing programs, under the supervision of the Account Strategist or other supervisor.
- Maintain a billable ratio of 60-80% by focusing on billable account management tasks.
Strategy and Planning:
- Develop the aptitude for developing or contributing to marketing communications strategy connected to business and/or marketing goals and strategies as expressed by clients.
- Become skilled and successful at developing, presenting, implementing and communicating tactical plans for increasingly large and/or complex client programs.
This is you, if you:
- Enjoy managing communications and expectations in business relationships.
- Trusts others quickly and is enthusiastic.
- Influences others in friendly, open manner with verbal adeptness.
- See your outfit/attire as part of your communication strategy.
- Not fearful of conflict, uses charm to disarm.
- Care about your title as much, if not more, than your paycheck
- Can think on your feet, like to find ways to make it happen
- Understand how the B2B technology market sales process works.
Education, Experience and Capabilities:
- BA/BS required. Concentrations should include one or more of the following: communications, marketing, advertising, liberal arts.
- 5+ year(s) of experience in marketing communications with at least 3 of those years working on integrated programs or in the B2B technology selling context.
- Understanding of, and devotion to, the principles of B2B marketing.
- Experienced or enthusiastic about digital marketing technologies.
- >45 WPM typing, excellence in Microsoft Office and Google Tools (Gmail, Google Apps).
- Experience with Hubspot, Marketo, or other Marketing Automation Platforms a plus
New North is currently seeking a motivated, hands-on PHP/MySQL developer to join its team. New North works on developing digital solutions for customer retention for both agency and client needs.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for working on the development of all digital needs as well as the deployment, testing, debugging and troubleshooting for our various projects. He/she will design, develop, maintain and optimize secure and scalable multi-tier digital applications.
- Excellent skill with PHP as an object-oriented language
- Experience with relational database design and development
- Ability to write functions, triggers and queries to MySQL
- Ability to architect applications from requirement documents
- Understanding of browser specific compatibility issues
- Management of GIT versioning repositories
- Real-world experience with WordPress and Magneto
- Ability to consult with clients directly
- Understanding of REST and other APIs
- Understanding of Linux/Apache server setup and maintence
EXPERIENCE + EDUCATION
1-3 years of experience with PHP and MySQL
Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience